Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Shining Star Vest Project -- Abandoned.

I give up on very few projects.  But this is one of them.  I've spent a number of hours on the muslin for this vest, and I'm sorry to say that I just can't make it work for me.

Let me start out by saying, that HotPatterns don't come quite in my size.  The smallest is a 6, and the measurements for that size are a little larger than my actual measurements.  So, I expected to do some pinching in and tucking to make this fit properly--I have to do that with most patterns.

I've been able to "tuck and pinch" successfully with other Hot Patterns I've tried and the results have been quite nice, but I simply couldn't make it work with this one.  It was just too darn big all the way around.  The shoulders are too wide, the princess seams are too far to the side seam, the armholes are really, really deep.

All in all, well, there are other vest patterns out there, and I think I'll pass on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment