Sunday, January 29, 2012

Men's Dress Shirt finished

I did it!  Finished Oldest Son's shirt last night.  I have to say, though, this was the toughest project I've done in a long time.

To date, I've made 8 or 9 men's dress shirts and 2 or 3 women's dress shirts.  With that much experience, you'd think that another one would go together smooth as silk, right?  Ha!

Let me say good things first.  This is the first time that I've used the Super Crisp Interfacing from Fashion Sewing Supply and it sewed beautifully.  We'll see how it holds up after repeated washing.

Okay. That's the only good thing I can think of.  Can you tell that this project Did. Not. Make. Me. Happy?

I had so many problems with this one it was hard to believe.  Collar gave me trouble, buttonholes were a pain, flat felled seams were picky, I even cut and sewed the yoke wrong first time through.  Arggggghhhh!

I took breaks from this project and did nothing.  I took breaks and sewed something else (which, btw, went together perfectly and beautifully -- as soon as I started working on this shirt again, problems started popping up again).  So, I'm convinced this shirt hates me.

But it's done.  And while it may not be as perfect as I would like it to be (some of my mistakes inevitably show, at least to me) I think it's good enough.

I'll have to be content with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment