Monday, January 16, 2012

Some Weeks It's Tough to Sew

Just been so busy lately with other stuff that it's been hard to find any sewing time, but with any luck, that'll change this week.

I did spend an hour or so cutting out a new Burda dress shirt for Oldest Son, so that counts :o)

I want to make something new, interesting, and casual for me, since lately I've been opening up my closet and I don't want to wear anything that's in there.  I'm still happy with the dresses I have, but the temperature hasn't gotten above 20 degrees F in the last three days.  Winter in New England is not always very kind to the dress-wearing gal.

I'm thinking about Simplicity 2852.  View E is a blank old canvas for using an interesting print, of which I have several in a medium to heavyweight cotton/lycra.

On the other hand, View B has the neat yoke with the gathered front style which I like so much.  That one would look great with the merino wool knits I have in four different colors.

And they both have those flowing bell sleeves, which honestly, I used to hate but am now thinking I just might like.  Guess everybody's tastes change from time to time...

2 comments:

  1. I like this pattern-it looks great for layering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I was thinking. I have some nice rayon that's really too thin to wear by itself, but would look great as the turtleneck underneath this tunic. I'm just not sure it would look great on me :-/

    ReplyDelete