Monday, February 27, 2012

At Last! A Little Sewing For Me

Been waiting a while now to do a little sewing for me.  I've made two shirts for Oldest Son and a vest for Second Oldest Son and now I'm ready for a little treat myself.

I thought about starting on the Jalie bathing suit, but I think I'll wait for the beginning of the PR Swimsuit Contest.

I bought this pattern some time ago and haven't been inspired to make it up, but now I'm thinking I'd like to give it a try.  I have lots of fabric to choose from, but I haven't made a decision yet.  'Course, there's plenty of time and no need to hurry, but I'm hoping to make a choice and get some pieces cut out tonight.




I'm thinking of making view C, which is the green one on the envelope with the trim on the empire band, sleeves, and hem with the three-quarter bell sleeves.  I like the bell sleeves on the knit tunic I made back in January, though they're a little long and they keep getting in the way.  I think I'll like the 3/4 length alot better.

I'm not sure about the trim, either.  I don't use trims very often so I don't have very many on hand and I'm probably not going to go to JoAnn's any time soon.  If I can find something I like in my stash, I'll use that.  Otherwise, I'll just leave it off this time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment