Saturday, February 11, 2012

Menswear Contest Day 11

Little work done on my son's vest in the last few days, but I'm hoping to change that today. The shell and lining fabrics are all ready to lay out and cut, so doing that is my goal for today.

I decided to put off work on the wool jacket for my Oldest Son, though. The fabric I had intended to use, a 50/50 wool/acrylic blend, washed up beautifully but ended up having a bit more texture to the surface than I'd like for this particular project. So I went looking for some more fabric (like I need an excuse to buy more fabric, lol) and found some olive wool melton (Marc Jacobs) at Fabricmart. At $10 a yard, even if it's not suitable for this project, it's still a fabulous deal and I'm positive I'll use it for something.

Needless to say, I just got back from clicking "submit order".

No comments:

Post a Comment