Friday, April 20, 2012

Interfacing Collars and Cuffs

A couple of shirts ago, I started using Pro-Woven Super Crisp fusible interfacing from Fashion Sewing Supply for the many, many, many shirts that I make for my Oldest Son.  That's it!  I'm going to stop counting days and months and just start counting shirts! 

But I digress.  The point is, I've made several shirts for Jordan using the Super Crisp in the collars and cuffs (and have two more on the sewing table is different phases of construction -- helps to combat boredom), and I'm finally ready to pronounce a judgement:  I love this stuff!

Because it's very stable, it's easy to cut.  And it fuses properly every time.  It sews in nicely and smoothly.  But most importantly, it doesn't wrinkle, bubble, come loose, or look weird even after many washings.  Which is way more than I can say for the numerous other fusible interfacings I've tried.  I was just about ready to give up on that fusible thing before I discovered Pam and her blog.

In any event, if you're looking for a good fusible for shirts cuffs and collars and you want it crisp, this stuff is well worth trying.  The only downside that I can see is that it only comes in white, but frankly, I've used the white in all-black shirts and it hasn't been a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment