Monday, October 29, 2012

FNSI Results -- Another Wool Tee

I ended up only getting an hour's worth of sewing in, and no time for wine :o(  But I am pleased with my progress, because I got this heather brown merino wool scoopneck knit top done.  Yay!

The pattern is Jalie 2806.  Perhaps it looks familiar to you, since I just made the same scoopneck knit top in gray.  I just love how soft and comfortable this jersey fabric is.  If you'd told me 5 years ago (before I'd learned anything about wool) that I'd be wearing wool t-shirts right against my skin, I would've thought you were crazy.

And I'm really glad for it, too, especially since Hurricane Sandy has hit, the wind is blowing fiercely, and even though is  above 50F degrees, it actually feels pretty cold.

I didn't get Jordan's shirt started, though I can't procrastinate any longer.  He just tore the sleeve on one of his favourite shirts, so now he definitely needs a replacement post-haste.  It's been cut out and ready to go since June :o/ I just have to get a move on and start sewing.  Can you tell I'm not inspired to sew yet another button down dress shirt? *sigh*

I did, however, trace out a new bodice for a new dress for Daughter.  It's the same pattern that I used for this Girls' Spring Dress--Butterick 3350,  but Daughter has grown and needed the next size up.  I traced out the bodice with the scalloped neckline, since that's the one she requested.  But that's as far as I got.  My next sewing session involves at least starting Jordan's shirt and cutting out the pieces for Daughter's dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment