Saturday, December 29, 2012

Projects of 2012 -- The Year in Review

It's been a fun year, even though there was a big, old gap smack in the middle of it where I did hardly any sewing at all.  I've tried out alot of different styles this year, trying to discover the look that suits me best.  I tried out tunic styles earlier on in the year:


Simplicity 2852
Simplicity 4022




















I think I favor the Elizabethan on the right more than the other.  I keep thinking I'd like to make a dress with that same S4022 pattern, but I have deep concerns that it will merely make me look pregnant.  Hmmm. Not a good look unless you actually are. (In which case, you should play it up and have fun with it!!)








And made my own bathing suit:

Jalie 3134





And made a couple of very cozy wool jersey scoopneck tops.

Jalie 2806
Jalie 2806




















This wool vest was pretty awesome.  I wear this with everything from jeans to a pencil skirt and it is just so perfect.

Butterick 5534


 But my crowning achievement is the Little Black Dress.

Enough said.


I got quite a bit made for the kids this year, too.  And in fact, I hope to get one more project done for Youngest Son before the year rolls to a close.  That's funny.  Youngest Son's coat was the last finished project of 2011 and it looks like he's going to get the last project of 2012 as well.

New Look 6659
Burda 7767



Jordan got shirts.  I really need to expand my repertoire for him.





 Josh got a new vest.









Youngest Son, I'm afraid, got only his usual pants and shirts, which I didn't bother to photograph.  I'm glad he's getting the last project -- he deserves it.

Daughter got a few dresses, though truly not as many as usual.  Okay five is slightly more than a few but it's still less than usual.

Butterick 3350
Self Drafted

Butterick 3350
Butterick 3350
Self Drafted

Burda 12/2012 #156






But my favorite project for her is the Burda coat.  I just need some better pictures, because the ones I have are persistently lackluster.

As far as knitting projects go, I did finish these fingerless gloves.


And my husband got the knitted socks he had been waiting so patiently for me to finish.  Merino wool and bamboo blend -- the most scrumptious yarn ever.


That's my year in review, and I'm pretty happy with it.  Now it's time to put away last year and look forward to a bright new year.  What will we do?  What will it bring?  Only one way to find out.  Roll on 2013.

See you there.






2 comments:

  1. You certainly sewed a mixture of things for different people in the family - all of them brilliant! Your LBD is a standout.
    2013 is soooo close ...J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Judith. It's really fun sometimes, all the different styles I get to make, and all the different fabrics I get to experiment with. I really want to work on my tailoring skills next, so that I can make jackets for the men -- two sons and a husband -- of the family. I'd like to make more dresses for myself, my youngest son is discovering that he likes a more formal look, and my daughter will never turn down a new dress. So, there's more to come...

      Delete