Sunday, December 2, 2012

Woo Hoo! The LBD is Finally Complete!

This was quite an adventure.  Like all adventures, it had some exciting parts and some frustrating parts, but all in all, it was just plain fun.  I have every intention of making this dress again, because I really like it, and next time I'll be able to do it better and faster.  The pattern was good, the instructions terrible.  I'll write a review in the next couple of days.

I am wicked happy with my Little Black Dress, even though it's not as perfect as I'd like it to be.  It's the most flattering neckline I've ever worn, I think, though it's not very practical for cooking dinner or vacuuming or any of the other mundane chores that fill up my days.   But I need a few non-practical pieces in my wardrobe.  That way I can claim that I have to go out so that those fab outfits aren't wasted.


I'm a day late and a dollar short as far as the contest goes, but I like the idea of doing photos to show The LBD with different possibilities.  So here goes:

This is the LBD,  plain with pretty much no frills.  The necklace is a antique bronze tree medallion, the shoes are a leather/houndstooth.  I'll take some closeups of the shoes once my camera battery recharges.














 Here it is with black tights and beaded necklace (different one in either picture).  These shoes are plain black leather with patent leather toe caps and heels.  They're very cute.  It's a bummer the shoes are just not coming out very well.















And here's with a burgundy sweater over the top.  This is pretty warm, considering the dress is made with wool flannel (not to be confused with cotton flannel, mind you). 

Darn it, where are my feet? 



Now since the holiday season is a-coming, I had to do a holiday outfit, too.  Complete with holiday drink and ruby slippers.  Because there's no place like home, you know.

























Hair up? Hair down? Depends on my mood.  And which way it looks better that day :o)






I really wanted to find some fun places around town to take these pictures, but my photographer is busy.  And it's kind of damp because there's a half inch of snow on the ground.  And it's 30F degrees.  It's also nighttime, which could work, but is trickier.  So I had to settle for these definitely less-than-ideal shots.


I'm going to make my pictures more interesting in the future.  Honest.



6 comments:

  1. Love it!!! I should sew me one as well. I'm a new GFC and Facebook follower now ;)
    Come and check out my blog anytime ;)
    Bisous

    http://ellecrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like it and thanks for following :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you, Nancy! I'm going to wear it to the PR Anniversary party in Boston on Wednesday.

      Delete
  4. Oh this dress is beautiful in wool flannel! You might consider entering in the "Make It With Wool" National competition! I knit my tunic from wool but oh, your dress, would be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! The entries deadline for 2012 Make it with Wool contest seems to have 01Nov, but maybe next year.

      Delete