Thursday, January 3, 2013

It's a Brand New Year--Boy's Wool Vest

I feel like I slept through the end of 2012.  I hope I was just resting up and preparing for an exciting 2013.

I always find that Christmas and New Year's disrupts my schedule so much that it takes me a couple of weeks to settle down and re-establish my routine.  I don't know how much sewing I'll manage, but I have every intention of sticking to my hour a day.

The first project of 2013 is this wool suiting vest for Youngest Son.  I had meant it to be the last one of 2012, but it didn't work out that way.  I made one, but Youngest Son apparently possesses the dreaded long torso that plagues the rest of us -- it was too short by about 2 inches.

The pattern is Kwik Sew 3399.  I've used this pattern for the trousers already, way back when either Jordan or Josh was young enough to fit in it. That would have been quite a while ago and I remember absolutely nothing about it -- other than that it happened, of course.

So, I've added 2 inches to the pattern length and recut all the pieces.  This is a nice, sharp vest pattern--looks good on both the inside and the out.  All the interfacings have been fused and much of the sewing has been done.  I really just need a couple of hours and it'll be done -- including the buttonholes.  If I don't get to it today, I'm confident I'll get it finished tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Lucky son to have such a great vest made up for him. Can't wait to see it made up. Finding the sewing time is always the difficult part...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's going to turn out really nice. If all goes well, I'll have pictures up by the end of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete