Tuesday, January 15, 2013

New Fabric, New Inspiration

It's been a long couple of weeks, and while I have done a bit of sewing, been just too tired to do much blogging.  I've got a sweater to show you, Youngest Son's wool suiting vest, and a franken-version of the HotPatterns All Wrapped Up tank top.  As soon as I can arrange a photo session I've have them up for your jolly amusement.

As for the scoopneck top, thanks to all of you who commented, and I think I've decided to keep a couple of them, but get rid of the rest.  After all, eight versions of one pattern?  Kinda silly and shows a lack of imagination, dontcha think?  Of course, what I'm going to replace them with, I just don't know.

So to help me with my decision making I did hat every good fabric stasher does.

I went shopping.

Fabric.com is usually my go-to place for most fabrics, and they usually don't let me down.  They've got lots of onion skin right now, and while I've never sewn it before and I generally don't wear polyester, I liked a couple of the prints so much that I thought I'd give 'em a try.





I'm not a pink person usually.  But I like this print.  that Victorian swirl thing always catches my eye.






This one says beige and indigo in the description, but I confess I don't see much indigo here. Perhaps it'll will show up in real life on the doorstep.  I like this print alot, though I'm not sure what to do with it. It might be too much for a dress but I won't know for sure until I have it in my hands or draped over a shoulder.  Fabric looks so different than you might think sometimes.




And this last one is not onion skin, just a light weight polyester.  I figured in for a penny, in for a pound.  If I'm going to buy polyester I might as well go all the way.  I'm fond of black and white, so even if this turns out to be unsuitable for a dress or a top, I'm sure I'll use it for something.






And that's my order, hopefully arriving at the end of this week.  I small order for me, only 9 yards all together.  But since I'm not doing that much sewing, I can't really justify buying more fabric.  The only reason I got these is that I really do need to replace those scoopneck tops that I've retired.  Really.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment