Saturday, May 18, 2013

Just A Quick Post to Say I'm Not Dead...

...just incredibly busy.

After I got my melton coat finished, I've done hardly any sewing at all.  A couple of dresses for Daughter and a half dozen t-shirts for Youngest Son, and That's It!  I'll take some pics of the dresses, but the tshirts aren't very interesting.

When I walk past my sewing machines, I wave to them longingly, but I just haven't had the chance to hang out with them lately. 

Today, though, I'm working on some pants for Youngest Son, since all of his have gotten too short.  It's boring, but necessary.  Hopefully, after Memorial Day I'll have more time and a chance to do something fun for me, me, me!

I did have time to buy fabric, though.  There's always time for that.  :o) These pieces came from Fabric.com .  They always tempt me.

I got this one for Daughter.  A nice cotton jersey in a pink print is just the fabric for her.  I'll pair it up with a solid pink and probably color block a dress for her.









This one I bought for me. But it's brushed rayon and so, so soft that Daughter fell in love with this one, too.  I'm such a softie, I probably give it to her, even though I love it myself.


I got 3 other pieces of jersey knits, too.  Two with brown flowers--who'da thought brown flowers could be cute, but they are--and a stripe which I thought would make a really pretty handkerchief dress.

I have fabric.  I have patterns.  I have plans. 

2 comments:

  1. I like the pink one. Hope you get some sewing time soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Trinity! I love both of these fabrics, and know you will make something gorgeous with each of them.

    ReplyDelete