Friday, November 8, 2013

Warm and Toasty Toes -- Finished Knitted Socks

At last!  The knitted wool socks for Daughter are finished!  Made with wool, self-striping baby yarn, these socks will keep Daughter's feet nice and warm.  I really like how these turned out -- and the stripes on the two socks almost perfectly match to within a few rows.  I'd like to say that I achieved this through the careful application of scientific principle, but in truth it was purely accidental.  I just cast on the stitches for the second sock right where I left off knitting the first one and it just so happened that the pattern of the yarn started at the same general place on both socks.  Never mind.  This pair is an absolute success and I'm very proud of them.

3 comments:

  1. great match, bet you could do that again, also nice wool, which one did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Louise :o) As for the yarn, I wish I knew. I bought it many years ago, and for mysterious reasons, I took the label off both skeins. Which means I can't buy more, and I really like it. I'm going to take it next week to the yarn shop where I bought it and see if the owner remembers. Probably too optimistic, and walking into the yarn shop is dangerous in and of itself since there's a good chance that I will be overcome by temptation, but I figure it's worth a try.

      Delete
    2. My first thought when I saw it, was it was Regia sock wool, take a look on this flickr site it looks very similar. I try and keep the labels and put a bit of wool around them. The only wool shop local to us sells mostly acrylic wool, which does really tempt me so Im pretty safe. http://www.flickr.com/groups/regiasockwoolgroup/

      Delete