Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Knitting Project -- Socks

I like to knit as well as sew.  But my knitting projects take me alot longer than my sewing ones.

I taught myself how to knit, from a book from the library, umpteen years ago.  There's lots I don't know.  But I do know how to make a mean pair of socks  :-)  Over the years, I've made lots and lots of socks.  Some out of wool, some from cotton, some even from yarn made from corn.

This is my favorite knitting book.  Knitting Without Tears by Elizabeth Zimmerman.  A cheesy title, perhaps, but a book full of information that, to me anyway, is priceless.  And highly recommended.

My favorite yarn right now is a bamboo/merino wool blend.  Very soft.  Very cozy.  I'm working on a pair of socks in this yarn that is a luscious chocolate color.  I'm nearly finished.  Then I can start work on a new pair of fingerless gloves for me, since last year's seem to have developed a couple of holes when I wasn't looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment