Saturday, November 12, 2011

Next Up -- Girls' Dresses

Now it's time for some new clothes for my daughter.  I have a cotton interlock print and a couple of quilting cottons which will be perfect for making fall/winter dresses.

First, I think I will use a red, long-sleeved tee and add a skirt made from this pretty quilting cotton.  This is as simple as just cutting two lengths of fabric for the skirt, joining them at the side seams, running the top edge through the ruffler, and attaching it to the tee.  I can probably do this one in an hour or so.  Photo tutorial for the T-shirt dress

 After that one, I think I will use this fabric to make a jumper that buttons at both shoulders. 
I don't really like the a-line style that is often seen with jumpers for little girls, so I'll probably just use the bodice part of an a-line pattern and add a gathered skirt.  I have a number of them to choose from -- I haven't the faintest idea why I have several patterns of a style I don't even like.


And then, I'd like to make her a mock wrap dress in this interlock. I know, I know, this is really a spring print, but it's so pretty and this interlock is just too heavy for warm-weather dresses.

Winter dresses in a spring print.  It's so fashion rebellious or something.


So that's the plan.  Three dresses.  One week.  I'm pretty sure I can do that easy.

1 comment: