Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Whole Lotta Organizin'

Not much sewing the past couple of days, but a whole lot of organizing going on.  I finally got my beautiful new/old Kenmore and my beloved Singer treadle upstairs to my sewing room so I can actually start cleaning and using them.  I've got a new belt for the treadle and new bobbins for both, so I should be in business soon :o)

Of course all that involved cleaning out the drawers of my old sewing desk and moving everything to the new cabinets.  Which means I filled a garbage bag full of things I had stored away that were absolutely worthless.  Like that two inches of elastic I just had to save.  Sheesh.  What was I thinking?

Anyway, I decided to take advantage of all these pictures I take for the blog to help organize my patterns.  Ever wonder what you made with any particular pattern?  Me too.

I usually put all my pattern tracings in a separate envelope from the original.  Mostly because the original pattern envelopes are stuffed full already and adding a tracing tends to mangle the tissue paper.  Or maybe I'm just not careful enough  :-)  For whatever reason, my pattern tracings live in small manila envelopes.

I went ahead and printed a picture of each of the things I made lately, cut them out, and glued them to whichever envelope holds the tracing.  Now I can tell at a glance what I made with each pattern.

If it works for pattern companies, why can't it work for me?

1 comment: