Saturday, January 28, 2012

Finally Back in the Saddle

Whew!  This January has been a terrible sewing month for me.  I haven't completed a single, solitary project yet this month or done any of my volunteer sewing, which is pretty rare for me.  Usually I manage to do both.

Today, though, I got to do some work on both Oldest Son's shirt and my very own Simplicity 2852.

I did the Simplicity in a floral print on a black background that I bought from Fabric.com a couple of years ago -- a nice premium cotton that's held up beautifully.  My favourite dress is made from this fabric and I've washed it a million times -- the background is a little faded now but the flowers are just as bright as ever.





I should be able to get this done tonight or tomorrow and Oldest Son's shirt now lacks only the buttons.  Ten or eleven of them, but still, the hems are in and the buttonholes are stitched and everything.  It's just the boring hand sewing left to do.

So maybe I can pull victory from the jaws of defeat and actually complete not one, but two projects for January.

Wish me luck.  I'm probably gonna need it :o)

1 comment:

  1. Trinity, you and I are in this slump together. I am picking away at my projects and wishing I could just make them go away. You only have to sew on buttons? send it over here-I like to do hand sewing.

    ReplyDelete