Saturday, April 28, 2012

Shirtmaking -- Seam Finish Details

Yep.  I'm still working on Jordan's shirts.  But I'm making some progress.  I think once I finish the one I have almost done, I'll take a break from shirts for a little while.  Youngest Son and Daughter both could use a few new things.  As could I.

I have to say, though, all this practice has been good for me.  My shirt making skills are definitely improved since last year.  Every new shirt goes a little faster, my technique gets a little better, and the finished product is a little nicer.





And I've been telling myself that I need a flat felled foot if I ever want a decent flat felled seam on the sleeve cap of these shirts.  But after this last shirt, I no longer believe that's true.  This was done just by ironing really, really carefully and scrunching up the excess fabric at the sleeve cap.  Boy, am I proud of this flat felled seam! 

I love it when the seam finish is so nice, you have to look twice to be sure the shirt isn't inside out!

1 comment: