Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Me Made May '12 -- Days 1 and 2

Well, I started out my Me Made May '12 with a pretty uninspiring outfit:  my traditional black tank top and jeans on Day 1.  No picture for that as it isn't very interesting.  Of course, my day started out by running a couple of unscheduled errands, so I admit I wasn't paying too much attention to my wardrobe at the time.  That's my excuse, and I'm stickin' to it.

On Day 2, I wore this knit Simplicity top.  The fabric is a black background sprinkled with flowers.  You'll see this fabric a couple of more times this month, since I've made several tops and dresses with it.  It's a really nice heavyweight knit, really too heavy for warm weather, but it made a nice maxi tank dress -- I'll probably be wearing that later this month since it's one of my favorites.

And yes, I admit that I'm recycling this picture from a month or two ago rather than taking a new one today.  See what I mean about my wardrobe needing serious work?  I look exactly the same as I looked two months ago.  How depressing is that?




The necklace is also Me Made of macrame'd cotton string and hematite beads.  I've recycled those beads into different necklaces a couple of times since I first bought them quite a few years ago.





So it's off to an unexciting start, but I haves hopes that it'll get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment