Tuesday, June 12, 2012

More Non-Sewing News

Other things have been taking up my sewing time and I wanted to share one that really excited me.

Saturday night was the opening night of the Dalton Art Guild Spring Show.  It's a small guild (and a small show), but it is juried and they give awards in three categories (plus another specifically for high and middle school students).

I've never been an art guild member before and I've never shown any of my artwork.  But I decided earlier this month to enter two of my sketches in the show.  I rather frantically searched for a frame just a couple of days before the submission deadline.  I found a frame that would work, but it's not the one I would have used if I'd given myself more time.


"Cling to the Earth"


Imagine my surprise when this little sweetheart won Third Place in the Mixed Media category.

Pretty exciting for my first show.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That is a beautiful drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Mary! I was positively stunned that one of my drawings won an award. I was encouraged by a long-time member if the guild to enter this piece in a bigger show that's happening this fall, and I'm definitely thinking about doing it!

    ReplyDelete