Thursday, November 1, 2012

Rayon Maxi Dress-- Gotta Love it!

I thought I'd post this since I'm wearing it today and I really love the way it looks and feels.  Sadly, since it's in dark brown you really can't see too many details.

It's a simple pattern for knits that I drafted myself.  Princess seams for shaping the bodice and adding fullness to the hem, and a plain neckline.  It's a couple of inches shorter than ankle length and it looks good with boots or nice heeled shoes.  It ought to be a very boring dress, but I think the fabric is what makes it happen.

The fabric is a medium weight rayon/cotton jersey, and it's another piece I bought for my men that turned out to be too feminine for them.  This time it's heavy enough, but it is so drapey, the guys really didn't like it.  That's okay.  I score alot of fabric that I buy for them that they end up not liking.  It also pills, so I have to wash this inside out on the handwash setting.

The belt is gold colored medallions and I have no idea where I got it.  I like chain belts since they're one of the few types of belts that I can get that will actually fit.  Most are too big and I've seen some real beauties that I'd love to have if I could just make them a couple of inches smaller.  I'll probably end up making my own anyway. *sigh*

With any luck, I'll get my hour in today.  I can sew Daughter's nightgown in an hour or cut out her dress pieces or make some serious progress on Jordan's shirt.

I just realized I've got three projects actively going at once.  Do you guys do that too, or do you just work on one until it's finished and then move on to the next one?

No comments:

Post a Comment