Saturday, November 10, 2012

There's No Place Like Home -- Ruby Slippers

Ruby Slippers by Me, Too
I just had to share the awesome-est shoe find so far this year!  There's not much time left in the year, so these just might get the award.

I got these in black leather several months ago at Marshalls and I discovered they are the most comfy heeled shoes I own.  I'm pretty sure they're the only pair I can wear all day long and not have my feet hurt at all.  So, I've been keeping an eye out for them in other colors.

Then I went on my quest for red shoes.  Now, those that know me know that I get a style of shoe in my head that I absolutely have to have, and I'm willing to wait for as long as it takes until I find just what I'm looking for.  It took me 4 years to find a pair of riding boots that were just what I wanted, and I was certainly prepared to wait just as long for red shoes.

And when I say red, I don't mean lipstick red.  That's too orange.  And I don't mean burgundy red, that's too dark.  Or any other of the uncounted shades of red that are out there.  No, it had to be Judy-Garland-Wizard-of-Oz-ruby-slipper red.

So, I was stunned when I saw these (also at Marshalls) in the exact right color, in the same brand name as the ones I already own in black that are the comfiest pumps ever.  They have cute two-inch kitten heels and a rounded toe. 

I hesitated about three seconds before I bought them.

Unfortunately, they're not sized quite the same as the black ones, so they're not quite as comfortable but still pretty good.  They're also not leather, and I've tried to have a policy of  leather-only shoes that can be fixed at the cobbler and polished up to look like new.

But they were 30 bucks.  And they were the perfect color.  And the perfect heel height.

I don't feel guilty.

No comments:

Post a Comment