Saturday, December 1, 2012

LBD -- Not Quite Finished

Sadly, I missed the deadline for the contest -- I guess it just wasn't meant to be.  I had to do more fitting than I expected.  Oh, Butterick, why did you let me down.  Lately, most of the Butterick patterns I've tried have fit beautifully right out of the envelope.  But not this one.

And then there was the instructions.  Oh, dear.  Not a pretty sight.  And silly me followed them.  Right up until the point where there were these great big lumps at the shoulder seams that I just could not get rid of.  So, I had to take drastic measures.

Handsewing.  Eek!

All that means that I didn't get my dress done for the entry deadline of November 30th.  But the dress is mostly done.  All that's left now is the hems for the lining and the dress.

Which I'm going to go work on right now.  And nothing is going to go wrong.  I hope.  I feel optimistic about that :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment