Friday, January 25, 2013

OPML -- Another Dress

I actually made this one first -- because I have many, many yards of black jersey and I wanted to make sure that I was going to like this pattern made up in the shorter length.  And I didn't post it first because it's black and there's not much to see.  When I get all the dresses done, I'm hoping to get one of my photography-savvy sons to take some nice outside pictures.  Which we'll do if the temperature gets above 10F degrees.  Which it hasn't for days.

I didn't really need another Little Black Dress, but I actually really like this one.  It's more comfortable than the other one, though not nearly as elegant.  If I get nothing else out of this contest, I'll still be pleased as punch to have made both this dress and the red-and-black one.  So as far as I'm concerned, it's a win-win no matter what happens between now and the end of the contest.


As for my progress, I've cut two new dresses, though I haven't done any sewing.  The first is in a solid green wool jersey.  Not quite the emerald green that is the color of the year, as they say (and who is they, anyway?) but in a color that is close but a bit duller and yellower.  Hmmm.  Hard to describe.  I'm going to wear it with the gold medallion belt that I wore with the brown maxi-length version of this same pattern.  I had sewing time over the weekend, but no matching thread.  And my car was in the garage, so I couldn't make it to the fabric store until Tuesday.  *sigh*

The second is an onion skin jersey knit.  Rose pink with a Victorian-esque swirling pattern.  I have a piece of ivory knit lace whose color and pattern goes strikingly well with the pink, so I decided to give this version of the dress lace long sleeves.  I'm probably going to have to sew a white slip to go underneath it as well, since I think it's a bit too sheer to wear alone. In theory, it sounds pretty, and it looks nice lying on the table, too.  We'll see if it works when it's all sewn together. 

1 comment: