It's been a busy few months, but I'm finally getting some sewing done. Last night I finished the shirt for my oldest son that's been hanging on my dress form waiting for buttonholes and buttons for about three months now. I double stitched the mock flat-felled armhole seams, partly because in my first pass I didn't catch the folded over seam allowances in some spots and partly because I wanted it to look a little different from the other two I made in this fabric. This was the last of this nice yarn-dyed stretch shirting that made such beautiful dress shirts. Ah, shucks, I'll have to do some more fabric shopping...
I also made a whole series of pants and tees for Youngest Son. They're not very exciting, but sometimes practical sewing takes precedence over the fanciful stuff. Youngest Son likes the cargo pockets on these, and always tells me to be sure to put them on. I've got OOP Jalie 2107 -- Men and Boys Pants pattern. I think I'm going to use that one for his next pair of pants.
Youngest Son's shirt series used up of alot of my knits in earth tones -- I'm going to have to do some more searching and buying in that department, too. I've been making raglan tees for him, but this year I decided to trace out the regular tee from Kwik Sew's Sewing for Children book. I sized down to get rid of the enormous '80's ease and lengthened for the proper fit. They turned out very nice, though I see that, after a few washings, I'll need to reduce the length of the neckline ribbing. I hate it when it bunches up at the inside edge of the curve. It's truly amazing how shortening the ribbing by just 1/4 inch can make the neckline look so much better.
That's for the boys. I've done some sewing for Daughter, too. But I'll get to that next time.