Thursday, September 5, 2013

Hello Vogue -- Thank you for the Men's Peacoat Pattern

My guys all like to wear Pea Coats in the wintertime.  And there is nothing so nice and warm in a New England winter as a wool melton Pea Coat.  I had to break down and buy one for each of my older sons last year, after a long and fruitless search for a pattern that would do the job.  Granted, I'd never sewn a men's coat before, but I was ready to take up the challenge.  I have made a wool melton coat for Youngest Son, and I rather figure the men's version is just larger.  And bulkier.  And harder to handle.  But I was ready.

But the pattern companies let me down.  *sigh*

Well, I was browsing patterns a couple of days ago, and look what I came across! Vogue 8940 Men's Jacket and Pants.  Designed for heavy wools.  Woo hoo!  Wee Hee!  Get outta my way, I'm goin' to the fabric store to pick that baby up!

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see what you make. My husband loves that style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to make hip length versions for each of my grown sons. I've got so many projects on my plate, though, I'm not sure when I'll get to it.

      Delete