I made this Jalie swimsuit pattern a couple of years ago and I found at the time that I had used the wrong size for both Daughter and myself. Neither suit was unwearable, but both were just a little too short in the torso. So I decided to revisit it to get the sizing right with a pattern that I'm already familiar with before I launched into the more (to me, anyway) complicated new swimsuit pattern.
The flowered fabric I got from Fabric.com last year and the purple came from JoAnn's. I ended up lining mine with what was left of the purple since I personally prefer my swimsuit to be on the heavier side and the cost of the lining fabric is the same as the cost of the fashion fabric. I also hate sewing that slippery, slinky lining fabric. Win, win.
At any rate, they both fit perfectly. And I didn't really intend to make matching swimsuits, it just sort of turned out that way.I have pink, purple, and orange fabrics for swimsuits. Daughter chose the purple. Okay. I don't look good in pink, and I'm saving the orange for my swimsuit from the new Jalie pattern, which means I ended up with purple, too. And as you can see, they're not exactly alike. Well, except the backs are identical.
So, now it's time for the new Jalie swimsuit pattern. Daughter wants one view and I want the other, so I've got my work cut out for me. I think I'll make Daughter's first, since she probably needs a second suit more than I do