Monday, January 30, 2017

A New Blankie

All right then, let's get started.

This winter, I put alot of focus on knitting.  Just before I moved at the end of 2015, I found two balls of this Bernat yarn on clearance, so I bought them with no plan whatsoever what I would do with them.  I fell in love with the variegated earth tones in brick red, chocolate, cream, and blue, and this yarn is fluffy and spongy and just downright cuddly.

Bernat Blanket Yarn--Sailor's Delight

This past winter, I discovered this pattern of colors is still available.  Bought 2 more balls at Michael's. And I started knitting a blanket.

Let me state that I hate large knitting projects.  I almost never knit anything larger than a sock or a pair of gloves or a scarf or a hat.  I just don't.

But this yarn called me.  And I started knitting a blanket.  I don't know. Temporary insanity perhaps.

I started with 100 stitches on a circular needle.  I figure I'll make it in sections and then stitch them together.  That way I won't get discouraged with trying to maneuver a big, old clumsy afghan around in my chair.  I so I started on the biggest knitting project I've ever done. And the more I worked on it, the more I loved it.  It's so spongey.  And warm.  And cuddly.

So I bought another 4 balls of yarn on Amazon.  Because I wanted it to be a BIG blanket.  Permanent insanity.  I have no idea what possessed me.

But here it is. Judge for yourself.  Is it worth it?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment