Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Next Up: The Kwik Sew Franken-Dress

I got a beautiful piece of cotton crinkle knit (with rows of lycra threads for permanent crinkly-ness--not exactly sure what the proper name for this stuff is) last summer from Fabric.com that I've been hanging on to since then, waiting for the perfect pattern.  Well, the perfect pattern never turned up, so I decided to make my own by combining the top of one and the skirt of another--hence: The Franken-Dress *cue dramatic music here*


I like the top of this dress--minus the high collar--I think I'll end up using the front of View B and the back of View C.  This is Kwik Sew 2517




And I like this handkerchief skirt.  This is Kwik Sew 3242.


My plan is to combine the top of the first with the skirt of the second for a cool summer dress.  I can use tiny 1/4" binding for the neckline and armholes and a wooly nylon rolled hem for the skirt. I like this idea.  The more I think about it the more I like it  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment