Thursday, September 15, 2011

Favorite Notions #2

These are the best colored pencils for tracing patterns or drafting new ones. Never needing sharpening, these "twistable" pencils always have a pretty decent drawing edge. It's not super fine, but it's not blurry thick either. I use different colors for different stages of pattern work. One color for the original tracing, another color for alterations I know will work, and another color for alterations that I am experimenting with.  I love these because you just twist the top to advance the lead--I always seem to lose those little pencil sharpeners (I can never find my eyeliner sharpener either) and I always make a mess and/or break the lead a million times while I'm just trying to get a point on the darn thing.

1 comment:

  1. Cool! I need to check these out. Would have worked great for me as I traced a new pattern today.

    ReplyDelete