Monday, September 19, 2011

Has This Ever Happened To You?


So there I was last night.  Ironing a mountain of shirts for the men in my family.  And I did it!  I managed to break my sleeve board in half!  That's the second one I broke in the last two years.  I really gotta start taking it more easy  :-)  I hadn't quite remembered what a pain it is to iron shirts without one.  What I really need is a sleeve board that's made of an actual piece of wood, rather than these inexpensive ones that are made of particle board.  But, indeed, I'll probably just go to Joann's tomorrow and pick up another one.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you could trace of the shape of the particle board, and get one cut from real wood or plywood to match. Swap the new wood in instead and it'd be stronger hopefully?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Claire, I'm hoping to do that very thing. Thank you for reminding me. The frame of the broken sleeve board is actually pretty sturdy, and it won't be too difficult to drill out the existing rivets that hold it to the (broken)particle board. My only trouble is finding somebody who can cut me a new board. But, hey, where there's a will there's a way, right? :-)

    ReplyDelete