Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Favorite Notions #9


The beauty of the Fiskars Soft Touch scissors is that it is so easy on the hands. The spring action dictates that when the scissors is at rest, it is open -- unless you engage the handy locking mechanism that keeps it closed.  So your hand is only working to close the scissors, the spring does the opening.  Which means your hand gets tired a lot less quickly, and you can cut out alot more fabric before you need to stop and rest.  This scissors is a great tool, and I do my absolute best to take good care of it.

I defend this scissors vigourously, too.  No one, and I mean NO ONE, had better ever ever touch a piece of paper with this scissors, or My. Wrath. Shall. Be. Upon. You!!!

Ahem.

I got this one years ago when my all-metal Gingher (a nice scissors, but heavy) got dull and I had an impossible time getting it resharpened.  After I tried two vendors who both did a terrible job, I finally broke down and bought a new scissors.  And I'm glad I did.  It has a smooth action, is relatively lightweight, and cuts down on hand fatigue.  Best of all, after all this time (at least 3 years, but it gets hazy after that, my memory is not what it used to be) of solid use, it still hasn't needed sharpening. 

Since I'm sure at some point that the blades will get dull, or the spring will give out, or the locking button will pop, I bought 2 spares.  I was never a Boy Scout (um...obviously, being a girl and all), but I'm all for that "Be Prepared" thing  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment