Thursday, October 6, 2011

Next Up -- Something Warm and Toasty

Autumn has finally come.  Today is the first day that it has really felt like the fall is here with a moderate breeze and temperatures in the 50's and a clear blue sky.  The leaves have begun changing colors and it's going to be an absolutely gorgeous Columbus Day weekend.

All this autumn-ness had me scrambling around this morning looking for something warm to wear that wasn't going to be roasting me by noon -- and I realized I didn't have much that fit that description.  But I do have some luscious merino wool jersey that I bought from fabric.com recently. I have this fabric in cognac, ivy green, iguana green, and bright pink.  I've prewashed the cognac already and it's just as yummy after its been washed (on the handwash setting of my front loader and hung to dry) as it was before hand.  BTW, though they're all sold out of the other colors, they still have some of the ivy green (as of today) and it's only $14 a yard.

I'm going to use the cognac to make a Jalie 2806-Scoopneck Top.  I've made this pattern before and it's very pretty and feminine with the simplicity of a tee.  It's perfect for the merino jersey and will be fall/winter warm and cozy.

No comments:

Post a Comment