Despite the fact that we got 18+ inches of snow last night, we weren't one of the unlucky ones to lose power.
Which means I was able to spend some time today working on the Fall Jacket -- Butterick 5685.
Yesterday, I got all the pieces cut out. Doggone it! This jacket has A LOT of pieces, between the fashion fabric, lining and interfacing.
Today, I got the lining sewn (because I always sew the lining first) and the fronts and collar interfaced before I started making mistakes.
Like sewing the right side of the collar to the wrong side of the under collar. And trimming the seam allowances before I noticed. *sigh* I cut another collar. Good thing I had a whole 1.25 yards extra fabric. After an embarrassingly long time, I finally got the collar assembled.
Then I immediately proceeded to sew the wrong side of the side back to the right side of the back. That's it. I quit for tonight.
Tomorrow is another day :o)