Monday, February 20, 2012

The Men's Vest -- Finished!

ETA:
Finally, the Companion Post is up, with pictures of my son wearing this really cool vest.



I got the men's vest finished last week.  Sadly, not until the day after the Menswear Contest on Pattern Review ended.  But Second Oldest Son has a new vest, and that's what really matters.









Since I muffed up the inside vest pocket, I wasn't  terribly excited about entering it anyway, but it isn't an obvious error.  As a matter of fact, I don't think Second Oldest even noticed.

The purple lining is actually really cool.  Lends it a certain classiness that it wouldn't otherwise possess.







And the adjustable back tie lets him draw in the waist when he wears it with only the top button buttoned, which he often does, so that the back doesn't stick out funny.







Not to mention these neat gear buttons that I bought from Twin Roses.  These are solid brass and really high quality buttons.






I'll see if I can get him to pose for some pictures soon.  Hopefully I can get him and my Oldest Son in some pictures together.  I made Oldest Son a vest from this pattern last year, and his looks pretty good, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment