Wednesday, March 7, 2012

No Progress on the Swimsuit Contest

Sadly, it's true that I haven't even opened the Jalie pattern envelope yet, and I haven't prewashed the swimsuit fabric.    But I have a good reason.

I've been working on some projects for Sew Much Comfort,  an organization that I do volunteer sewing for that makes adaptive clothing for wounded service men and women.  Right now, I have a set a 6 t-shirts that I'm in the middle of adapting, but once those are finished I'll be working on my new swimsuit.

I was hoping to get a coordinating fabric to go with the orange and gray flowered one that I'm planning to use, but I couldn't find one that I liked or that I thought matched close enough.  I really like the color-blocking on the Jalie pattern cover, but I may just have to settle for a one color suit this time around.

Talking of swimsuits makes me think of spring time.  It's 53F degrees out today and the sun is shining brightly.  Too bad the lake is still covered with ice and the water's still so cold.  It's gorgeous kayaking weather...

No comments:

Post a Comment