WooHoo! I finally got my volunteer sewing done -- for some reason this batch seems to have taken an awfully long time. But it's all finished, boxed up, and ready to go to the post office. I'll get to that either later on today or tomorrow.
Now, I'm ready to get started on my swimsuit for the PR Swimsuit Contest. The weather here has been very spring-like (though today it's gotten cold and windy again) so I'm rather inspired to get moving on a new suit. I'd like to have a good swimsuit to wear when I go kayaking so I can stop whenever and wherever I like and take a swim.
I decided to use this one for me, since Daughter really does prefer pink under practically any circumstances. I'm in the process of hunting for a fabric for her.
I'm hoping to get the pattern traced out today. There are quite a few pieces, but I'm thinking it shouldn't take too long. I'll probably trace out my own and Daughter's at the same time, though, so it'll take a bit longer than usual.
I bought cotton elastic at JoAnn's a month or so ago and I have a pretty large supply of wooly nylon thread, so I think I'm all set for supplies.
What I don't have is any muslin fabric, so I'm really hoping that my usual Jalie size fits as well as all their other patterns I've used. At $11 a yard, it's a little pricey to just jump right in with an untested pattern, but I really haven't got absolutely anything with a similar stretch.
Here's hoping. I suppose the worst that can happen is that I blow $11 worth of fabric. Not the end of the world, but with the economy the way it is, I'm just a little nervous about it.