Sunday, October 14, 2012

Jalie Scoopneck Top -- Quick and Easy...

...and oh so satisfying.

I love TNT pattern and Jalie 2806 is definitely one of them.  I've made this in lots of fabrics, but my favorite so far is the one done in cognac colored wool merino.  This one, however, is fast overtaking that one for the favored position.

I originally bought this fabric for the men of the house, thinking it (and the heathered brown I also bought) would be a good color to make winter shirts for them.  When it arrived on my doorstep, though, the fabric turned out to be thin and somewhat see-through--not what I was expected and not really good for men's shirts. But I fell in love with its graceful drape and softness to the touch -- it really doesn't feel like wool at all though it undeniably is.  It's also not nearly as see-through as I thought it would be, either.  As long as it's used in a pattern with drape, it's fine.  Once it's stretched a little, you could probably count the picots on my bra elastic.

I've gotten away from wearing black every day, and started mixing up my wardrobe with other earth tones, notably browns and reds and the occasional white.  I like this very pale heathered gray, too, and I think I'd like to have more things in this color.

I've picked up a couple of not-typical-for-me shoes and boots as well.  Some new (but on clearance) and some from the new local consignment shop.  I'll show those in another post later.

3 comments:

  1. That is the cutest tee! I agree about the drape-really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mary! I went ahead and cut myself another in the heather brown merino as well. As these are so easy to put together, I'm saving it to sew up when I need a quick project victory ;o)

    ReplyDelete