Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Hello Kitty Nightgown on the Hour A Day

I sewed the Hello Kitty nightgown on yesterday's Hour-a-Day, a fairly quick and easy job.  It was nice to get another project finished and off the cutting table.  No picture, though, since Daughter is wearing it and she's already gone to bed.

I guess it's a good thing I was planning on making Daughter a new dress, since I just ruined one of hers.  I washed a load of white laundry this afternoon and used a bit of bleach in the load to keep the whites white, of course.  Alas, Daughter's best dress was in that load, since it's a pale yellow with flowers.  And of course it was the only item in the load that got some of it's color bleached out.  It was weird to see all the patterned underwear that had much brighter colors on them come out of the washer unscathed, but the dress?  Not so lucky.

Ho hum.  I guess that's just the way things go sometimes. 

And Youngest Son has informed me that his pants are too snug in the waist.  So it's time to trace him a new pattern and make him some new pants.

And I still haven't finished Jordan's shirt, but I'm getting there, one slow seam at a time.

Why is it that when I finally start to feel like I'm catching up, there's always a new pile of clothes to make?  I'm sure glad it's not a hundred years ago when all those clothes had to be sewn by hand.  Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment