Friday, November 9, 2012

Sweetheart Neckline Girls' Dress

I put considerably more that an hour a day into this dress, and it's not quite finished yet.  This is the replacement for the dress that I ruined by bleaching.

Just a quick sneak peek, mind you, since it still needs some work.  The bodice lining isn't attached yet.  I tried to do it late last night, but for whatever reason, the bodice lining is not matching up with the dress bodice.  It might be all the bulk involved with the shirred quilting cotton of the skirt that gets sandwiched between the layers.  Or it might be that I made a mistake.

Either way, I'm simply going to hand sew the lining to the inside seam allowance and call it a day.  As I get older, I'm losing my loathing of hand sewing.  I'm starting to find it relaxing.  As a matter of fact, I've started piecing a quilt by hand.  Something I never thought I'd find myself doing.

The neckline also needs to be pressed.  I think I'll need a template to get those little scallops turned and pressed properly.  And I need to install the sleeves.  When I made this dress before, they went in like a dream, so I'm not anticipating any problems.

After that, it's just hemming the sleeves and the skirt and I'm all done.  I'm going to need more than one hour, so let's say I think I'll have this finished during tomorrow's hour. Fingers crossed and here's hoping.

1 comment:

  1. This is going to look wonderful. Love the print and neckline.

    ReplyDelete