Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Volunteer Sewing for Sew Much Comfort

This is what has consumed my sewing time for the last three days.  Adapting a set of 6 t-shirts for wounded servicemen.  It just involves removing the side seams, binding them with, well, binding, and sewing on enough velcro buttons to secure them.  Pretty basic sewing, but the velcro is time consuming.

I actually kept track of my time this time, and I determined that a set of 6 tshirts takes me about 8 hours.  This is good to know, since I can better tailor how often to plan to do projects for them.

If you're looking to do some volunteer sewing work, you can check out their website.  Sew Much Comfort.  They've got pretty high standards of workmanship (one of the reasons I like doing projects for them), but they are very sweet and unfailingly kind about it.

Now, it's back to the Little Black Dress.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, this is great-I am going to check it out. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete