Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving To All

Title says it all.  Enjoy the turkey, the ham, the cranberry sauce, and whatever else strikes your fancy.

As for Black Friday sales, I'm skipping them this year.  Some stores open at midnight tonight, and I must confess, I find that just a little eerie.  I've seen news clips from previous years of people lined up around city blocks, just waiting to hustle inside to shop for a good many things they probably don't need, preparing to frantically buy gifts the recipients don't even want. 

I am most certainly not against "stuff."  There's just absolutely nothing I need to acquire badly enough to stand in the dark and the cold, waiting for the doors to unlock.  Consumerism at its finest is still not very impressive.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you as well.
    If you don't need stuff, then enjoy the break from shopping.

    ReplyDelete