Friday, August 30, 2013

Can You Name This Jacket?

I almost never buy clothes, but occasionally something grabs my leg and begs to come home with me.  I went to a local second hand store over the weekend and I positively fell in love with a silk and cotton jacket that I simply couldn't resist. The tag said it was from "Anthropologie", but the inside label merely says "Violet".  So does anyone recognize this jacket?  Can you tell me anything about it? 

The fabric is made with a cut-out technique that I just have to try my hand at. I'd love to make a silk vest with these kinds of hand-sewn cutouts. 

3 comments:

  1. It is familiar to me...it is defitely a hunt coat. I don't know much more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always loved this style of jacket, and thanks to you Mary :o), I now know what it's called. I'm hoping to learn to make tailored jackets in the next year -- I think I'll add a wool hunt coat to that list.

    ReplyDelete