Monday, September 2, 2013

Fall 2013 Pantone Colors

So these are this Fall's Pantone colors. I tend to favor earth tones, so I definitely like the brown and the greens.  The brighter colors?  Not so much, but I could see myself wearing some of them as accents, incorporated into jewelry perhaps, or even in embroidery (I've done a couple of pieces recently as well as the ones you've already seen on my linen lounge pants).  Especially the Koi, which I think would go especially well with my skin tone.

I'll have to check through my stash to see what I have available in these colors.  I've decided to use the Pantone list as a guide to what I should use from the stash rather than a guide to what I should buy next  :o)  I can buy more fabric once I've gotten some of what I already have used up.  That's only fair, right?

I'm pretty sure I have some luscious wool melton in Deep Lichen Green -- I'm planning to make Youngest Son's new winter coat from it.  But as for the other, I'll have to take a look.

How 'bout you?  Are you planning to use any of Pantone's colors for your fall wardrobe?

No comments:

Post a Comment