Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Hiking Not Sewing

So I ought to be sewing, but I just can't work up the enthusiasm when it's 60 degrees outside and sunny.  Last week we took a 3 hour hike on what was mostly a dried up streambed (and consequently, I'd give it a high medium difficulty rating), stopping off-trail for an awesome lunch of tempeh sandwiches, apples, and crackers.  That was the best trip so far this year, but hey! it's only May.

This week, we spontaneously picked up and went for a walk late in the day.  Really just a short one, but well worth doing.  Here's the view of Benedict Pond from the causeway over the dam.  No green on the trees yet, but this pond is beautiful in both the summer and the fall.


Here's the stream where we stopped to explore.






Some poorly photographed wildlife.  The dark spot in the water on the right is a beaver.  The pair of dark blobs on the left are geese.  Yes, I know.  You really can't see much of anything here.  But I liked the way the sun was shining on the trees in patches.  It was a day when the sky was full of patchy dark clouds and so the sun came and went.


I recognize that this has absolutely nothing to do with sewing, except for what I wore.  These great cargo pants are perfect for hiking.  The stretch twill is comfortable, the pockets essential for carrying all my stuff.  Because who carries a purse when they're hiking, eh?


No comments:

Post a Comment