Wednesday, May 9, 2012

MMM '12 -- Days 7 and 8

Day 7 -- Jeans by Levi's and a camisole top by Old Navy topped with this knit overshirt with a hood.  When I first made this I was a little annoyed with myself for using black serger thread instead of white.  But I got used to it and it's now one of my favorites.

This is an older OOP Kwik Sew pattern.  And I just heard today that Kwik Sews are no longer going to printed on that wonderful heavy paper -- they're going to go pattern tissue.  Yuck!  I always have to slide a big piece of poster board underneath pattern tissue to trace it.  It makes it easier to see the lines that way.  Anyway, if you were holding off on getting any Kwik Sew patterns and you loved that heavy paper, better grab them now.



Day 8 -- Jeans (sigh!) and this Simplicity empire top.  This was originally the muslin for a different fabric I intended to use, but I ended up really liking the purple shirting version.  I think I still want to lengthen this and make a dress out of it.  I do have the perfect black poplin that will look great made up into this pattern.  Now if I can just get the mundane sewing out of the way so I can do something fun...

2 comments:

  1. These are great pieces! I want ;-) I have not seen your photos...are posting on Flickr or Facebook?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mary! I haven't posted to either Facebook or Flikr, but I'm dashing over to Facebook right now :o)

    ReplyDelete