Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Mama's in the Kitchen--Aprons Galore!

Okay, so I've never met a jar of pasta sauce that  didn't spill on my clothes at the first introduction.  Or a hamburger that didn't spatter me with grease while cooking.  Why haven't I made any aprons sooner?  Good question.  Wish I had a good answer.  I could've saved myself a lot of money over the years on clothes I didn't have to replace.

There are so many cute aprons out there.  And so much cute fabric.  Heck! I should  just make some.

So I did.

First I bought some lightweight canvas.  Because quilting cotton makes great aprons, but the canvas was on sale and it had just the most pretty or adorable prints.  This tropical flower print is easily my favorite of the lot.

Next, I drafted me up a pattern that looked like it would work.  I tend to be a visual pattern drafter so I eyeball a lot of what I draw.  The first draft wasn't perfect, but the second was pretty good, and the third even better.  Then I added a pocket or three on the front.  Because I love pockets, and I'm always looking for places to put things down.  I even made some with contrasting binding around the edges.  Extra work, but I think it looks really cool. 

Then I said to myself, "Self, other people might like an apron, too.  People who don't sew, or who don't have the time."  Hence, my Etsy shop.

I've got aprons on there, of course.  But also tea towels and pot holders that match, because I do like it when the things in my kitchen match.  So I figured other people might like that, too.

I've also popped up some hand braided jewelry as well.  Because it's fun to make, but some folks just don't have the time, or the patience, or they just don't consider themselves crafty enough to make things like that.

Take a look, if you're so inclined.  I'd love to have your feedback, sewing and crafting friends.  I always love good feedback.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheTrinityTreeShop


No comments:

Post a Comment