Sunday, December 11, 2011

Friday Night Sew-In -- Results

Hmmm.  Which, sadly, aren't much.  I did get my volunteer sewing finished and boxed up and ready to ship on Monday.  So at least I managed that.

And I did go to JoAnn's and pick up the things on my list (though I wish I would've nabbed me some more Schmetz leather needles at 1/2 price), but no new iron.  So, I'm stuck using my backup iron, which I am really, really, really not fond of at all.

After that I got distracted and started looking through all the fabric in my wool cabinet, which is a cedar lined wardrobe.  I have been collecting wools for a couple of years, now, especially since I discovered that good wools aren't itchy and scratchy and some of them are downright luscious.  10 years ago I never would have dreamed that I'd been wearing wool jersey knits right against my skin and lovin' it!  Sadly, I've also discovered I'm allergic to angora.  Like, who's allergic to bunny fur?  Me, apparently. Typical.

On Saturday, I decided that I really needed to organize all those beautiful fabrics, so that not one of them could get lost or forgotten in the bottom of the cabinet.  I went through every piece of wool that I own, cut a small swatch from the corner, measured each piece, and then stapled the swatch and wrote down the measurement on a piece of printer paper.  At 4 swatches to the page, I have 10 pages of swatches.  40 pieces of wool may seem like a lot, but I regularly sew for 6 people, 3 of whom are adult men.  It takes alot of yardage to make clothes for men.

So, not much sewing.  But more organization is always a good thing IMO.

No comments:

Post a Comment