Monday, November 30, 2020

Heirloom Decorative Technique


 I found this on a vintage silk blouse last year, and I thought the technique was so cool, I wanted to try it.  It's a narrow turned tube that's then looped around and stitched into place.  The center pieces have me temporarily stumped, though.  I'll be doing some extensive searching and asking around for guidance on this particular technique.

I have several books on decorative techniques, but this one doesn't seem to be in any of them.

 

 

Other than this, I'll be working on a vest for my daughter and one for myself.  I've joined the Fabric Stash contest over at PatternReview.com and since all of my fabric is stash right now, I'm hoping to get lots sewn up over the coming months.


I've sewn the vest I want to make for myself once already in a wool suiting.  I've reviewed it on Pattern Review way back in 2012. Butterick5534

The one for Daughter is McCall's 5186.  I have also made this one before, but I never reviewed it.  Besides, the last garments I made for her was when she was 11 years old, so this is a whole 'nother ball game.  She is 17 now. With a very different set of fitting issues.  So we'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment